This week for the Woodware Challenge we have another sketch.
I like the sketch challenges as I feel that I have somewhere to start.
I have used a Dreamweaver stencil Wisteria. I am sorry I am not sure what colours it should be so I went with my imagination. I enjoy stencilling with a light box but it is so simple to stencil now with a machine!
I used the metal from Mercart that is a new product for Woodware. It is coloured aluminium I have used Brown Latte. I have then coloured the metal with Peel Off Pens.
I have used the Vine Peel Offs in clear glitter at the joins between the card layers.
That is it! Very simple which ever cutting and embossing machine you have you can run Dreamweaver Stencils throught it for fast embossing. I like using the machine with the metal as it is much less forgiving that card so it is nice to be able to quickly run it through and that reduces handling.
Check the Woodware blog to see what the rest of the team have been up too.
I also used some nailheads to give some variation of texture.
I layered the craft on some brown card and then on a green from the GCD 8 x 8 range of pads, I punched the corner of the green with the inverted corner punch. The wine coloured layer is a GCD paper too, I have used my Crafty Edger and the Tag Cassette and the Tag Corner. I have added in between the layers Vine Peel offs that a clear crystal.
The peel offs are are brand new and are very delicate. You can colour them with peel off pens and the glitter will still pop through and the good things about the peel off pens is that the ink will dry instantly.
This is a set of drawers from Ikea that I keep odds and ends in. it sits in the hall beside the telephone and holds the very important take away menus!
I started by painting it bright yellow with acrylic paint. I then stencilled the butterflys
on the sides
and I also put one on the top
which does not show up in the photograph of the whole thing
Before I stencilled the butterflies on the front I decided that it was too yellow so I washed the fronts of the drawers with a Green-Yellow Duo Pearl Ex mixed with Gloss PPA glue this turns the Pearl Ex powders into an acrylic paint, I again used the Matte Black Dreamweaver Embossing paste to add the butterflies to the drawers fronts.
I hope that you like my small chest now off you go and visit Kristi in her Creative Cafe, but don’t forget to leave a comment before you go.
Don’t forget that Dreamweaver and Woodware are blog hopping together all week! To find out where to start visit Dream it up or Woodware and remember to leave comments as you hop around the blogs to have a chance to win some blog candy.
I had so much fun with these, and only problem is lack of time!
The files come as a die-cut A4 sheet, I started by colouring them with a combination of Orchid Pink Brilliance pad and Russet Chalk Yink, I used a 3/8″ stencil brush on the ink pads and used a circular motion to add the colour.
I used the same ink and brush to colour through Dreamweaver Petals Background Stencil.
The tags were punched from a multi tag punch that and I used the largest and the smallest size of tag.
The other stamps all come from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Charm Collection These are tiny stamps which are fun to use with great detail, they are all available in larger sizes in various sets, and really I want them all!
The Cameo has been embossed with Vintage Mahogany Tinsel Powder the swirl with Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel, I have not tried them all yet but…
Well I hope that you are having a sunny summer. I spent the weekend in Northumberland, in this small hostel with my family we had the whole place to ourselves and had a lovely time. The sun shone all the time we were there.
I am now back in Aberdeen and my card for the challenge this week is very appropriate.
The Wellies come from an Artemio Clear Set called North Sea and I have stamped it with Pearly Ivy Brilliance Ink. They are a solid stamp and I liked the mottled effect that I got because it was a new stamp.
I got a bit carried away this week, on Thursday when I checked on the Dream It Up Blog last Thursday Deborah March had done a project with frames so I have stolen her idea.
The frame is a very cheap one from Ikea and first I painted it with Misty Lavender Pearl Ex mixed with matte PPA, then I painted on some horrible beige acrylic paint on to it and rubbed it off. I really like this distressed look as I am really bad at painting.
This is my Mum and is a photo that has only just turned up. The stencil this time is Corner Flourishes pasted with the Gold and left as it was. The frame was painted with the Spring Green Pearl Ex and Matte PPA.
That is enough for now I did more so I will share them very soon!