This week over on the Woodware blog the theme has been chosen by Pam the Pampered Stamper it is great that Pam was able to be back with us this week as she continues to recover from her car smash.
I often use look for Pinsperation it is a wonderful way to spend an evening! The house canvas that I did a couple of weeks ago when we were doing master boards started with an image on Pinterest, but there they were fabric brooches, you will find them on my Buttons Board.
Here in Scotland it is almost the end ot term, they only have two more weeks to go so time to start thinking about teachers presents and that is just what we are doing over on the Woodware blog this week. I have done a note book cover to fit an A5 note book.
The first thing that I did was to paint some calico fabric with watercolour paint from a USArtQuest Mica Pallette I used the metallic one, but used it with a lot of water as I just wanted to have a wash of colour.
It had to be hung out to dry, but we have had some sunshine!
While it was drying I went to work on the decorated panel.
I used the Jumbo Rollagraph Simple Dots with a Lipstick Red Chalk Ink Pad. The dots are in a pattern but I like to roll it in various directions to make it messy, I ironed the ink to set it and while I was ironing it I decided that I liked the reverse side best so I used a much more muted dotty pattern.
Then I got to work with my Emboss Gloss, it is embossing fluid that looks like a lip gloss and is nice and wet, so it is perfect for using on fabric, although it is really designed for card. I used the Emboss Gloss to draw the lines and the splodge and I have used Aged Gold , Aged Rose, and Shabby Ping embossing powder. I also have various Mica Fragments and some Shaved Ice in the mix. Just I big mix of FRANTAGE! Oh I love it!
I used Dicro Fibres and the Butterfly Post cling rubber stamp from Stampendous. The easiest way to do this is to ink the stamp with a strong colour of pigment ink, the pigment ink gives you longer to get the fibres in place, lay the stamp down ink side up on a heat proof surface, then place the fibres on top, cover with Parchment Paper and iron for about 10 seconds. This fuses the fibres together and imprints the stamp into them.
Then just machine stitch the panel on the front.
Making up the cover is easy just fold over enough for a flap at either side and stitch a couple of pockets for your book to slip into.
When embossing on fabric if you use an embroidery hoop it holds the fabric so that you can heat from underneath. It does seem like a long and complecated project but I have made cards that have taken much longer!
This is my mobile phone cover that I mad iin the same way, but it is made from two layers of velvet to protect the phone.
Thank you for visiting you will find a great array of projects for teachers or lots of other gifty occasions so why not pop over and se what the rest of the girls have been up too?
I got a bit carried away this week, on Thursday when I checked on the Dream It Up Blog last Thursday Deborah March had done a project with frames so I have stolen her idea.
The frame is a very cheap one from Ikea and first I painted it with Misty Lavender Pearl Ex mixed with matte PPA, then I painted on some horrible beige acrylic paint on to it and rubbed it off. I really like this distressed look as I am really bad at painting.
This is my Mum and is a photo that has only just turned up. The stencil this time is Corner Flourishes pasted with the Gold and left as it was. The frame was painted with the Spring Green Pearl Ex and Matte PPA.
That is enough for now I did more so I will share them very soon!